Sid Sottung Academy
Welcome to the Sid Sottung Academy, home of the UK’s original fast track training in men’s barbering & wet shaving.
Located in Nottingham, we are very proud to offer first class, comprehensive courses in barbering and wet shaving to suit any skill level, whether you are a professional looking to brush up or learn a new skill, or an absolute beginner to the trade.
The barbering industry is currently on the rise. With our training courses we will give you the skills and confidence to embrace this and prosper.
Another reason to study with us is that most new professionals starting out in the business may struggle to get insurance. If you train with us insurance companies will give you preference making it easier to gain the relevant insurance. Our courses are also fully accredited.
We are also available to offer in salon training anywhere in the world. Please feel free to contact us regarding a booking.
2 Day Intensive Wet Shaving Course
A superb training course for beginners and fantastic introduction to the business of professional cut throat wet shaving. Our easy to follow, enjoyable education programme provides you with everything you need to know to work professionally in the industry with two full days of expert training.
Course includes theory, DVD lectures, live step by step in depth tutor shaving demonstrations, enjoyable hands on student practical workshops on live models daily, professional shaving product & equipment knowledge, health & safety and marketing advice.
Students will be hands on from their very first day working on live models, fully guided by our dedicated expert Sid Sottung at all times, with the great confidence booster of a second day of practical live model training, as opposed to shorter one day courses.
Our excellent course includes complimentary refreshments, training support manual and all live models provided by our academy for student work sessions.
Course Tuition Includes:
* The history of wet shaving
*The modern male grooming market today
* Anatomy & bone structure
* The male skin
* Health & safety
* Shaving lubricants & benefits
* Equipment & hygiene
* Mastering the ‘Sid Sottung Academy’ luxury wet shaving techniques
* The professional use of hot and cold towels and facial treatments
* Daily practical student workshop sessions on live models
* Client consultation skills
* Marketing the ‘Sid Sottung Academy’ shave to your clients to maximise your profit
* professional final appraisal with tutor one on one and support advice given
Upon successful course completion all graduates will be awarded the exclusive Sid Sottung Academy Diploma of Shaving Excellence. This Diploma is Fully Insurable and accredited with the UK’s leading industry insurers.
5 Day Contemporary Men’s Barbering Course
Our highly popular, intensive 5 Day men’s barbering course is taught exclusively by our expert, Sid Sottung, who will ensure you gain the very best start to an enjoyable barbering career and will make sure you hold professional skills in the key fundamental areas of men’s professional barbering.
By studying at the Sid Sottung Academy you receive the very highest quality technical and expert barbering tuition proving a superb foundation to any successful entry level professional barbering career.
Our courses are a must for anyone who wishes to aim high and offer the very best elite barbering services to their clients, whether working within a barber shop or wishing to manage your very own barber shop business.
Our outstanding student testimonials prove we are a leading world class academy of barbering excellence and the ideal choice for true aspiring barbering professionals!
Our expert Sid Sottung presents a fully comprehensive action packed curriculum, ensuring that all our students hold a comprehensive knowledge of key traditional and modern barbering skills, inclusive of clipper work, (with and without guards), blending, fades, trimmer use, scissor over comb and professional men’s hair cutting techniques.
This course is ideal for complete beginners new to the industry with no previous hairdressing experience through to those that wish to boost their confidence and skill by refreshing or retraining in men’s professional barbering.
All students will be hands on from their very first day, experiencing our expert educational programme of study taught utilizing the Sid Sottung 4-Phase method.
All students receive an exciting mix of theory lectures delivered by their tutor, step by step professional barbering demonstrations given by their tutor on live models, hands on guided practical student work sessions on both high quality professional real hair mannequins and live models.
On the final day of the course all students will undertake their final trade test examination, providing all our students with a highly valuable experience that will not only prepare them professionally but build confidence for the trade.
On successful completion of this course all students will receive our prestigious Sid Sottung Academy Diploma of Barbering Excellence, which fully certifies your attendance at our school and distinction in Men’s Contemporary Barbering.
1. Introduction to the world of professional barbering
2. The history of barbering
3. Hair and scalp analysis
4. Anatomy and physiology of bone structure analysis including face and head.
5. Successful consultation skills and client care
6. Salon professionalism
7. Health and safety
8. Product knowledge
9. Shampooing the Sid Sottung professional method
10.Professional scalp massage the Sid Sottung professional method
11.The understanding of thinning, balding and receding hair
12.Equipment knowledge including health and safety
13. Maintenance, cleaning and disinfecting of barbering tools.
14. How to hold a pair of professional haircutting scissors
15. Introduction to the Sid Sottung professional method of cutting including use of professional hairdressing scissors and in depth cutting theory
16. Introduction to the Sid Sottung professional method of professional barbering techniques including the in depth understanding of blending and the use of clippers and trimmers.
17. Learn how to combine all the techniques to create any haircut your client requires.
18. Learn how to create dimension and geometry within the haircut
19. Understanding the correct hand and body position when cutting
20. Styling and finishing the Sid Sottung professional method
21. Refining and finishing skills the Sid Sottung professional method skills
22. Facial hair trimming techniques the Sid Sottung professional method, including beard and eyebrows (not wet shaves)
Also Includes Basic Barbering Skills
1. Use of Clippers With or Without Guards
2. Clipper over Comb
3. Blending / Fades / Edging
4. Scissor Over Comb
5. Use of Professional Trimmers
6. How To Work With A Side Parting
7.All texturising techniques, including point cutting and slicing