The Bluebeards Revenge has teamed up with award-winning barber and charity founder Tom Chapman to help men rock a medium-fade haircut with a side-parting.
Fades are all the rage right now in British barbering and fashion. In fact, they’re the go-to vogue all over the world; even fashion icons like three-time Balon D’or winner and Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo are modelling similar cuts to the one featured below.
This medium-fade haircut sits below the temples, but above the ear, while the side-parting adds a classic look that gives a modern twist to the fade. This style is perfect for men who are searching for a modern look with very little maintenance and makes the most of a barber’s clipper and razor skills.
About the style
Tom Chapman says: “Our medium skin fade with a side parting can be worn by practically anyone. From small children right through to grown men, it continues to be an incredibly popular style due to its tight and tidy nature. To test its versatility, try styling it with pomade for a sharp wet look, or matt clay for a super textured finish.”
Create the look
1. Start by washing the hair with The Bluebeards Revenge Shampoo and Conditioner. This helps to ensure that any previous styling products are removed from the hair for best results. Alternatively, wet the hair with water and comb it through.
2. Dry the hair with a towel to remove excess water and apply The Bluebeards Revenge Matt Paste as a pre-styling product. The paste works fantastically as a cutting agent, enabling barbers to create neat sections and partings in wet hair.
3. Create a horseshoe section in the hair from the natural parting to the recession.
4. Use clippers to put in a grade two base for the mid-fade.
5. Blend in the side of the hair that won’t feature the side-parting. Leave the side-parted side disconnected.
6. Cut the top of the hair to the desired length: leave more length on top if the hair is curly as it will look shorter when it dries.
7. Use channel cutting techniques through the top of the hair to create directional texture and to stop the haircut looking flat.
8. Use The Bluebeards Revenge Vent Brush and a hairdryer to dry the hair into shape.
9. Now that the top is sorted, finish off the fade by working through the clipper grades. Make sure you remove all excess hair with The Bluebeards Revenge Fade Brush and keep things fresh with a dusting of The Bluebeards Revenge Talc for Men.
10. Use foil shavers to take the fade down to the skin for a clean finish.
11. Use The Bluebeards Revenge Cut-Throat Razor to add in a hard parting.
12. Line up the edges of the cut with your razor and The Bluebeards Revenge Shaving Solution.
Styling the look at home
1. Wash your hair with The Bluebeards Revenge Shampoo and Conditioner then dry it with a towel.
2. Run The Bluebeards Revenge Matt Paste through the hair from roots to tips as a pre-styling product.
3. Use The Bluebeards Revenge Vent Brush and a hairdryer to dry the hair into position.
4. Apply a small amount of The Bluebeards Revenge Pomade and use The Bluebeards Revenge Comb to define the hard parting and leave the style neat, tidy and smelling amazing!
For more expert hairstyling tips and tricks from The Bluebeards Revenge, visit BluebeardsTV on YouTube!