The Bluebeards Revenge has teamed up with award-winning barber and founder of The Lions Barber Collective charity Tom Chapman to help you create a contemporary high and tight hairstyle.
With its high-faded sides and slightly longer top, the classic high and tight look has always been a favourite among military men that don’t simply want to adopt a buzz cut. But that’s not to say you have to enrol in the forces and don army fatigues to make it work for you.
Below, Tom gives his tips on how to create a high and tight look that allows for a little more personality!
About the style
Tom says: “The classic high and tight look is often incredibly short on top. However, the version below has evolved thanks to modern trends and creative barbers. The tight sides are taken all the way up to keep the style clean, crisp, and easy to maintain, while some length is left through the top to give the look more texture and versatility.”
Create the look
2. Dry the hair with a towel before creating a horseshoe section to isolate the hair on top.
3. Remove the bulk of the hair on the sides to create a blank canvas for the high-fade.
4. Release the top and blend it into the sides and back, then point-cut to the desired length which will create texture and movement on top.
5. While the hair is still damp, apply a small amount of The Bluebeards Revenge Matt Clay as a pre-styling product.
6. Blow dry with The Bluebeards Revenge Vent Brush for a textured look.
7. Now that the hair is dry, use clippers to establish the shortest grade nice and high on the head. Then work through the grades blending into the previous length on top.
8. Tidy up the edges of the cut with trimmers. Then use The Bluebeards Revenge Cut-Throat Razor to sharpen up the neck and hair line.
9. Remove hair debris with The Bluebeards Revenge Talc for Men and a neck brush.
10. Finish off with a small amount of volumizing powder and a little more matt clay.
Styling the look at home
1. Wash the hair and dry it off with a towel.
2. Run The Bluebeards Revenge Matt Clay through the hair from roots to tips as a pre-styling agent.
3. Blow dry the hair with The Bluebeards Revenge Vent Brush to add volume and texture.
4. Finish with a little more matt clay for a natural look that will last.
And there you have it – a modern example of the popular military high and tight cut. For more expert hairstyling videos from The Bluebeards Revenge and master barber Tom Chapman, visit our YouTube channel.