50p from each tub sold is donated straight back to The Lions Barber Collective; helping the charity to raise awareness and prevent male suicides all over the world.
Premium men’s grooming brand The Bluebeards Revenge is pleased to announce the launch of a brand new hair gel in collaboration with men’s mental health charity The Lions Barber Collective.
The Bluebeards Revenge Hair Gel has been designed to offer barbers and men all over the world a premium alternative to cheap, supermarket slimes. With its ability to create both retro spikes and modern textured masterpieces, it is helping to reinvent a product that is often pigeonholed as something that can only create wet-look styles.
The facts are this: a strong hold and water base mean it can be used as a pre-styling product to be worked into wet hair and dried with a hairdryer to create soft, natural styles. It can also be applied to dry hair to create the traditional wet looks that men expect.
“Today, in a male grooming market that is much more engaged and expects products to offer so much more than the basics, our hair gel promises to be a fierce contender,” said Bradley Wicks, a spokesperson for the brand.
While the product promises to raise the standards of traditional hair gels, its charitable messaging is perhaps the most important element. That’s because 50p from each tub sold is donated straight back to The Lions Barber Collective; helping the registered charity to raise awareness and prevent male suicides all over the world.
Founder of The Lions Barber Collective and award-winning hairstylist Tom Chapman was heavily involved in the development of this new product. He said: “Collaborating with our friends at The Bluebeards Revenge in any way is a privilege. But to have the chance to develop a product that actively helps to support our work, while educating barbers and men in the styling possibilities that hair gels provide, is phenomenal.”
On the modern use of hair gels, Tom said: “They have come such a long way in recent years and now offer so much more than the brightly coloured concoctions of the past. The hair gel we have created with The Bluebeards Revenge reflects the evolving landscape of men’s hairstyling and is an essential product for men.
“Its versatility means it acts fantastically in short to medium hair, creating hold and shape with very little residue. It also offers great support to longer hairstyles. Add to that its classic barbershop fragrance and strong traditional hold and it’s a really rounded product that is head and shoulders above the supermarket slimes!”
The Bluebeards Revenge’s commitment to raising awareness and preventing male suicide can be also seen on the inside of every hair gel’s carton. Bradley Wicks added: “The inside of our cartons have been branded with life-saving information from The Lions Barber Collective and world-renowned suicide prevention charity Samaritans.
“Upon opening the carton, barbers and men are presented with the vital information they need to actively improve their mental health: whether that’s how to become an official member of The Lions Barber Collective, or where to find the right support to help them improve their lives and fight back against the stigma that surrounds mental ill health in men.”
About The Bluebeards Revenge
• The Bluebeards Revenge is a premium men’s grooming brand that provides traditional shaving, beard, hair and body products to barbers and men all over the world.
About The Lions Barber Collective
• The Lions Barber Collective is an international group of top quality barbers that was founded in September 2015. The group helps to raise awareness and prevent male depression, suicide, and other mental illnesses. The Lions Barber Collective aims to create training that will enable barbers to recognise, talk, and listen out for symptoms of depression. They can safely signpost their clients when they are sat in the chair towards potential solutions.
• More information at www.thelionsbarbercollective.com
• Registered charity number: 1176363.
The Bluebeards Revenge Hair Gel
• Size: 100ml
• RRP: £9.99
• 50p from each tub sold is donated to The Lions Barber Collective charity
• How to apply: rub into damp hair and blow dry into style with a hairdryer and a brush
• Hold: light
• Finish: matt
• Base: water
• Hair type: medium and long
When used as a classic hair gel
• How to apply: sculpt into dry hair for a wet look finish with a strong hold. Comb through for more defined styles.
• Hold: strong
• Finish: wet
• Base: water
• Hair type: short to medium
• For more information on where to buy The Bluebeards Revenge Hair Gel visit www.bluebeards-revenge.co.uk.
• For media samples, high-res imagery and any other enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.