Master the latest hairstyling product on the block with our tips on how to use The Bluebeards Revenge Sea Salt Spray!
In the past, when it came to choosing a hair styling product, men adopted a “that’ll do” attitude – we grabbed the first product we saw (usually a wet-look gel) and smothered our hair with it. Thankfully, for the sake of all mankind, male grooming has evolved.
Today, we chaps have a choice of hairstyling products that rivals even the most diverse takeaway menu. But, unlike our takeaway orders, we’re starting to experiment with different options. As we look to broaden our horizons, one product that deserves to sit proudly on our shelves is a sea salt spray.
What is a sea salt spray?
Unlike some products that weigh the hair down and make it look heavy and slick, a sea salt spray offers a natural finish that can be touched up throughout the day. A good one should add volume, hold and texture to flat hair, without leaving a visibly sticky residue. These sprays work best in medium to long hair and are super effective as a pre-styling agent.
What really sets a sea salt spray apart from any other gel spray or volumizing spray is the inclusion of salt minerals. The salt helps to bind individual strands of hair together for added texture – something that is becoming increasingly popular for men as wet looks become a thing of the past. The added texture supplied by a sea salt spray means it has become a product often associated with wavy beach looks too, such as the surfer-inspired pompadour that’s pictured below.
How do you use a sea salt spray?
Sea salt sprays are super-easy to use and can be applied to the hair in a matter of seconds. They can be spritzed into either wet or dry hair, but we recommend you start with damp hair.
For tips on how to use The Bluebeards Revenge Sea Salt Spray, see below!
1. Always start by shaking the spray well to activate the salt minerals – they’re the important bit!
2. Apply the spray into the roots of damp hair and comb it through to the tips.
3. Blow-dry the hair into the desired style with a vent brush or quiff roller to activate the spray’s volumizing properties.
4. Enjoy a natural, textured look that smells amazing and lasts all day.
5. Alternatively, apply the spray to dry hair and ruffle it through to create natural waves and bends.